Below are various resources that may help you in your Olin research.
Warren Olin wrote the first major history of the Joseph branch of the Olin family. While supplies last, we are giving away remaining copies of Volume 1 of his two-volume history. (Volume 2 is no longer available.) The cost is $10 per volume to cover the cost of shipping. For more information, contact Genealogist Tom Olin via our contact form.
- 300 Years of Joseph Olin and His Descendants, Volume I. This 606-page hardcover book, published in 1996, is the first comprehensive history of the Joseph(2) branch of the Olin family. In addition, it includes several chapters on possible origins and the life in America of John(1) Olin.
- 300 Years of Joseph Olin and His Descendants, Volume II. Published in 2001, this 600-page book completes Warren Olin's history of the Joseph(2) branch of the Olin family. (SORRY, ALL GONE!)
FILES Digitized books available from Google:
- Biographical Sketches and Records of the Ezra Olin Family by George Sheldon Nye
- A Complete Record of the John Olin Family by Chauncey C. Olin
- Biographical Sketches of the Samuel Olin Family by Oran Lee Raber
- The William Olin Family, West Greenwich, R.I. and Laurens, N.Y. and some of his ancestors and descendants by William G. Closson
- Report of the second annual reunion of the descendants of Ezra Olin and Betsy Green held at Streetsboro, Ohio, Thursday and Friday, October 6 & 7, 1887
- Olin Reunion Report of the 5th Annual Olin Reunion held in Kent, Ohio, 1890
- Joseph Olin Family History — This two-part history was recorded by Loren Earl Olin. Part 1 | Part 2
- Joseph Olin Family History (1700-1900) — by Warren G. Olin
- Olin Family Origins: Where Did We Come From? — Fun video that discusses the many stories and sources that point to the possible origins of the Olin Family.
Preservation Inventory Form — Although developed by the NY/PA reunion group, this form can be used by anyone who wants to catalog family artifacts and heirlooms.
Photograph and Artifact Preservation Links — List of websites and blogs that discuss the best practices for taking care of your precious family mementos.